Monday, May 16, 2011

A Great Mortgage Product

I am a mortgage officer.  Most of you know this. It has not been a great few years in my chosen industry.  Houses are not selling the way they did just three years ago, lenders have discontinued loan products, and there have been more foreclosures than any of us care to think about.  However, out of this trouble, a great mortgage product has arrived.  Fannie Mae has created the HomePath Mortgage to aid buyers in financing its foreclosed properties.  This will allow a buyer to purchase a home for as little as a 3% down payment, with no mortgage insurance, and no appraisal necessary.  The rates will be slightly higher than a typical Conventional or FHA loan, however the payments are lower and more of the payment goes toward principal and interest because there is no mortgage insurance.

So all that to say this, if you are looking for a house, call me I can tell you which homes in the area you are looking for qualify for HomePath and prequalify you for the loan.  If you are a buyer's real estate agent, call me and I will tell you how to find the houses that qualify and prequalify your buyer.  And if you are a real estate agent that wants to list HomePath properties, call me I can help you get that done as well.

Thanks for reading.  I promise the next entry won't be about work.

Adam
avelasco@keystonemg.net
(865) 207-3550

No comments:

Post a Comment